Orlistat powder is one of the doctor-approved exercise, behavior change, and reduced-calorie diet program that is helped you lose weight. It is used for certain overweight people who are obese or have weight-related medical problems. Orlistat powder can also help keep you from gaining back the weight you have lost. Losing weight and keeping can lessen the many health risks that are coming with obesity. These are including heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, and a shorter life. Orlistat is an FDA-approved OTC medication that can be helped overweight adults lose weight. Orlistat is working fat from being absorbed into the body after it is eaten during a meal. Approximately 5 to 10 pounds are lost during the first 6 months of orlistat use.
Using of Orlistat powder
- If you are taking the product to self-treat and you can read all directions on the product before taking this medication.
- If your doctor has prescribed this medication, you can read the Patient Information. If available from your pharmacist before you can start taking orlistat, and each time you get a refill.
- You can take this medication as directed by your doctor, by mouth with liquid sometime during each meal that contains fat or within 1 hour after the meal, usually 3 times daily.
- To decrease the chance of unpleasant side effects, no more than 30% of the calories in your diet must come from fat. Your daily intake of fat is including protein and carbohydrates that should be evenly spread over 3 main meals.
- You are not taking increase your dose or use this drug more often or for longer than prescribed. Your condition will not be improved any faster, and your risk of side effects will be increased.
- Because this Orlistat powder can interfere with the absorption of certain vitamins. This daily multivitamin supplement is containing these nutrients that are recommended. You can take the multivitamin at least 2 hours before or 2 hours after taking orlistat.
- If you are taking cyclosporine, you can take it at least 3 hours before or after orlistat to make sure the full dose of cyclosporine is absorbed into your bloodstream. If you are taking levothyroxine, take it at least 4 hours before or after orlistat.
- You can see some weight loss within 2 weeks after you start orlistat. You can tell your doctor if your condition does not improve or if it worsens.
Side Effects Of Orlistat
- Some common side effects are including flatulence, frequent bowel movements, soft stool, oily rectal leakage, and abdominal pain.
- This is speaking with a healthcare provider if any of these side effects become severe or troublesome.
- If you experience any serious side effects that are including hives, rash, skin blistering, right-sided upper stomach or abdominal pain, pain radiating toward the back, or fever, stop taking the medication such as cetilistat powder and immediately contact a healthcare provider.